Thursday 16 January 2014

Sit and stitch...

Ok... I am officially over the heat! We had our third day in a row of 43 C (110 F) today and we are heading for yet another one tomorrow with maybe a very late change. Yuk! I am sitting here at 7.30pm and it is still 38 C (100 F). The shop is getting warmer but the air-conditioning is coping well.

Todays class for summer school was 'sit and stitch', some of the girls were working on more Lucy Boston blocks! I liked this one. It was too hot to spend much time on anything brain draining so we played with a bit of this and a bit of that.


We found this interesting scrap of fabric today too! An Moonen came for a visit a few years ago and signed a quilt for Sue. Maybe she did a practice run on here!


The Friday girls are back in tomorrow... I wonder what they will be working on!




2 comments:

  1. Stay cool Karen. The photos are wonderful. This quilts are going to be great.
    We are nice and cool here in Houston; but from June-August, we will be melting at those temperatures as well.
    Hope it will pass soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Lucy Boston blocks and I am thinking of starting the quilt myself this year. I am a bit cranky because I cannot sew in this heat at all due to not having air con. I am finishing off a few quilts before I start another but now I am a few days behind. Grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete